Click on a date to see full calendar.
La Vernia, Texas
La Vernia is a bedroom community located southeast of the San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area. We welcome you to the official website for our community and invite you to learn more about this community that so many people love calling “home”.
Come visit our town and find out that we are a unique place to live, work, and play.
Follow us on Facebook
Hello Citizens of La Vernia,
Due to the Covid-19 spikes in Wilson County, we are closing City Hall to the general public effective immediately until further notice.
The city staff is committed to ensuring we continue to support our citizens without disruption and to the best of our ability. Please see the resources below that are available to ensure your needs are met.
Our website ensures several options including forms, online bill pay and further information. Payments may be dropped in the drop box located on the side of the building (closest to Bluebonnet/FM 775).
For immediate assistance, please contact our office at 830-779-4541, as our staff are still working Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. You may submit any concerns or request for decision by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to protecting our staff and thereby our ability to provide services to the people of La Vernia. Thank you for your understanding. Stay safe, healthy and Happy New Year!
Mayor Robert Gregory
ATTENTION LA VERNIA WATER CUSTOMERS: We are now in Stage 1 Water Restrictions. Below are Stage 1 Rules and the attached city ordinance.
Stage 1-MILD Water Shortage Conditions
1. Goal: Achieve a voluntary ten percent (10%) reduction in daily water demand.
2. Supply Management Measures: The Director of Public Works shall be responsible for overseeing the reduction or discontinued flushing of water mains, activation and use of an alternative supply source(s), use of reclaimed water for non-potable purposes, and blending of alternate sources/
3. Voluntary Water Use Restrictions for Reducing Demand: Water customers are requested to voluntarily limit irrigation of landscaped areas to Sundays and Thursdays for customers with a street address ending in an even number (0,2,4,6 or 8), and Saturdays and Wednesdays for water customers with a street address ending in an odd number (1,3,5,7, OR 9), and to irrigate landscapes only between the hours of midnight and 10:00A.M. and 8:00P.M. to midnight on designated watering days.
4. All operations of the City of La Vernia shall adhere to water use restrictions prescribed for Stage 1 of the Plan.
5. Water customers are requested to practice water conservation and to minimize or discontinue water use for non-essential purposes.
ORDINANCE NO. 102419-04
The Department of State Health Services has shared a Communication Tools link in regards to the latest outbreak of COVID-19 with all local/state governments.
In an effort to continue keeping our community safe and healthy, the City is taking precautions and would like to share this guide provided to us by State of Texas Operations Center called: COVID-19 "What to Do."
For any additional information please refer to the link below, provided to the City by State of Texas State Operations Center. We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you all posted as we receive the information.
City of La Vernia, Texas | PO Box 225 | 102 E. Chihuahua | La Vernia, TX 78121-0225 | (830) 779-4541
Copyright © City of La Vernia, Texas 2016. All rights reserved.
powered by ezTaskTitanium TM